We’re excited to celebrate our graduating students leading up to and during Commencement Exercises 2017 on May 6! Learn more about regalia pickup for graduating students, the 2017 class gift campaign for SPCS and your senior book submission!
SPCS Night 2017
SPCS Night 2017 is our annual awards and recognition ceremony for graduating students. Invitations have been sent — be sure to submit your response!
Summer Programs for Youth
SPCS offers half-day and full-day classes for K-12 students. See our extensive programs for elementary kids, our new adventURes in Recreation for middle schoolers and secondary students and with our ACT & SAT prep classes.
Find your path. Explore your potential.
More than 50 years ago, the School of Professional and Continuing Studies (SPCS) pioneered professional and continuing education in Richmond. Today, we enrich the lives and careers of thousands of part-time and nontraditional students of all ages.
As one of the five schools of the University of Richmond, we make available to nontraditional students the resources of the University. We’re the only school in the nation’s top 50 small private liberal arts colleges with a dedicated division for professional and continuing education.
- SPCS Degree Program Information SessionMay226:00 PM - 7:30 PMOur Information Session for Working Professionals will answer questions about cost, careers, majors, transfer credits,... Continue reading
- Osher Institute Campus Walking TourJun192:30 PM - 4:00 PMJoin us for a walking tour of the beautiful University of Richmond campus. Led by Osher members, the tour provides an... Continue reading
- SPCS Degree Program Information SessionJun206:00 PM - 7:30 PMOur Information Session for Working Professionals will answer questions about cost, careers, majors, transfer credits,... Continue reading
- Osher Campus HikeJun271:00 PM - 3:00 PMJoin us for a hike of the magnificent University of Richmond campus. Led by Osher members, the tour will showcase what... Continue reading
- SPCS Degree Program Information SessionJul126:00 PM - 7:30 PMOur Information Session for Working Professionals will answer questions about cost, careers, majors, transfer credits,... Continue reading
SPCS transfer seeks sister's support for extracurricular competition
TLP program offer cross-disciplinary learning & community-based engagement
Team-building activities & cooperation foster leadership in young adults
Danville Weekend College cohort helps students pursue educational goals
How research into the Second Glass Ceiling sparked a national phenomenon.
UR president Ronald A. Crutcher shares his enthusiasm for music with Osher members and guests
Single mother and full-time professional proves that you can earn a degree as a working adult
High achieving graduate selected as 2016 SPCS Commencement student speaker
Math instructor receives 2016 Itzkowitz Family Distinguished Adjunct Faculty Award
Master of HR Management student reflects on the classroom experience that brought her friendship, mentorship, networking - and a job
Retired nuclear agency executive finds learning opportunities at the Osher Institute
Unofficial Osher photographer appreciates a place to interact with different people and backgrounds
Self-professed 'information junkie' explains what the Osher Institute means to her