The University of Richmond’s School of Professional & Continuing Studies offers a variety of opportunities for undergraduate and graduate study, personal enrichment, and professional development.
- Finish your bachelor’s degree.
- Pursue a master’s degree.
- Learn to cook.
- Explore the arts.
- Take tai chi.
- Study abroad.
- Become a better communicator.
And do it all on the amazing campus of one of the top private universities in the country.
The School of Professional & Continuing Studies brings the world-class academic experience of the University of Richmond to adult students.
- Undergraduate degrees in Liberal Arts, Information Security, IT Management, Human Resource Management and Paralegal Studies
- Graduate degrees in Education (Curriculum & Instruction, Leadership & Policy Studies and Teacher Licensure Preparation), Human Resources Management, Liberal Arts, Nonprofit Studies and Public History
- Academic certificates in Paralegal Studies, Information Security and Information Systems
- Convenient evening classes, an average class size of 12 and extremely competitive tuition rates
- Outstanding academic resources and incredible facilities on a beautiful 350-acre suburban campus.
- Top-notch, unrivaled faculty who bring a wealth of real-world experiences into the classroom
- Summer School, serving traditional and nontraditional students from UR’s Schools of Arts & Sciences, Leadership, Business and Professional & Continuing Studies
- Summer Study Abroad and Internship Abroad programs offering traditional students 15-18 overseas programs each summer including a variety of internship experiences
- Reading Development programs offered through a partnership with the Institute on Reading Development
- Classes for Richmond-area educators offered during the summer
- A variety of noncredit classes for students of all ages seeking personal enrichment or professional development and career advancement
- An array of online professional development programs offered in partnership with several providers
- Institute on Philanthropy, offering professional certificates in Fundraising and Development and Nonprofit Marketing
- Extensive selection of continuing education and professional development courses for classroom teachers and administrators
- We attract students from metro-Richmond, throughout other parts of Virginia and the U.S.
- 73% female, 27% male
- Average age: 35
- 38% undergraduate, 49% graduate, 13% non degree-seeking
- 83% part time, 17% full time
- Our degree programs serve about 650 students each semester.
- Community and professional education classes, including the Institute on Philanthropy, enroll about 5,600 students annually.
- Summer School enrolls about 1,600 students each summer.
- More than 500 Richmond-area teachers and administrators pursue continuing education opportunities through SPCS and the Center for Leadership in Education.
- Osher Institute has approximately 800 active members.
- Undergraduate tuition: $465 per semester hour
- Graduate tuition: $580 per semester hour
- Professional development for educators (graduate): $299 per semester hour
- Noncredit fees vary by class.
- Osher annual memberships: UR Staff, $25; Silver, $75; Gold, $350