New Student Checklist
This checklist is intended for students who have been admitted to the School of Professional and Continuing Studies and received acknowledgement from the University.
Much of your student experience at University of Richmond relies on technology and networking. As a result, there are several steps you should take as soon as you receive your admissions letter, which contains your University of Richmond ID (URID) and password. You’ll need your URID and birthdate in MMDDYYYY format to activate your account.
- Review instructions for activating your network account
- Visit the Network Account Management page to activate your NetID computing account for email, networking access and more
- Access BannerWeb using your NetID and password to enter emergency information and to register for classes
- Connect to the campus network, access netfiles storage and more
Careful planning of your course of study ensures that you take only those classes required for your degree and that you maintain eligibility for financial aid, if applicable. Your primary point of contact for planning is your student advisor.
Everyone — even distance students — needs things on and from campus, from the library to the bookstore and beyond. Your student ID card and your parking pass are among the keys to getting things done on campus.
- Upload a photo for your One Card student ID, then pick up the card at Orientation or the One Card office
- Register for your campus parking pass, good for the entire academic year (including summer)
- Attend new student orientation and complete some of this checklist in a single evening
- Reserve a space in an upcoming campus tour for new students to get to know campus
- Get to know your Student Government Association and consider joining the peer program
Figuring out how and where to pay tuition and fees can be complicated. These items in the checklist will help you navigate the finances of your University of Richmond education.
- File the FAFSA and discuss financial aid options with the Office of Financial Aid
- Review SPCS scholarships to determine eligibility and submit online application—application deadline is June 1
- Authorize direct deposit of refund checks to your bank account—get your funds quickly and directly
- Review your billing invoice in BannerWeb and pay in full or using a payment plan—contact Student Accounts at (804) 289-8147 with questions