Resources for University Staff
SPCS is pleased to offer personal enrichment and professional development opportunities and courses for University staff. We encourage you to take advantage of your tuition remission benefit and try something new!
Human Resources offers generous tuition remission opportunities for full-time staff employees. Review the University’s Tuition Remission Policy.
Benefits apply to staff members, their spouses or same-sex domestic partners, and dependent children. These benefits can be applied to personal enrichment and professional development courses from the Think Again catalog as well as for credit-earning courses (spring, fall and summer) from our degree programs.
SPCS offers a wide range of professional development opportunities that may be incorporated into staff members’ performance feedback and development plans.
- We offer many professional certifications that can be earned by taking one or just a few courses. Among the certifications are e-marketing, social networking for business, customer service, online teaching and supervisory leadership.
- We offer coursework toward ServSafe certification in addition to three other culinary certificates through our Culinary Arts program.
- We offer professional certificates in nonprofit marketing, board development, grant writing and fundraising through the School’s Institute on Philanthropy.
- We offer professional certificates in landscape design and landscape horticulture, plants and practices through the School’s Environmental Sterwardship & Sustainable Design program. In partnership with educational providers, ESSD also provides LEED certification coursework.
- We offer interior decorating certificates through our Interior Decorating program.
- We offer course work toward Certified Massage Therapist™ and Certified Financial Planner™ certification.
Leisure is an important component of workplace health and wellness. In addition to the Weinstein Center’s free fitness programming for Weinstein Center members, SPCS is pleased to offer leisure courses in categories like Fit-N-Well and Sports & Games.
SPCS offers undergraduate degrees in Emergency Management, Human Resource Management, IT Management, Liberal Arts and Paralegal Studies. We also offer post-baccalaureate* certificates in Information Systems and Paralegal Studies.
At the graduate level, we offer degrees in Education, Human Resource Management and Liberal Arts. We offer graduate certificates in Education (K-12 Teacher Licensure Preparation) and Human Resource Management.
For professional development or personal enrichment, staff members may also enroll as non-degree seeking students in individual undergraduate or graduate classes** that have no prerequisites.
For more information about applying, visit our Prospective Students portal.
* Post-baccalaureate certificates require an earned undergraduate degree.
** Non-degree seeking graduate students must provide evidence of an earned undergraduate degree.
Special Programs Building
28 Westhampton Way
University of Richmond, VA 23173
Phone: (804) 289-8133
Fax: (804) 289-8138
Front Desk Hours
Monday–Thursday: 8:30 am–7:00 p.m.
Friday: 8:30 am–5:00 p.m.
The office is closed for all University holidays unless otherwise noted.
Contact a faculty or staff member.